Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Teaching the Mission President the Atonement, Blessings of Obedience

December 15, 2014

Dear Family,
This week has been a pretty normal week, with nothing too much happening.  We are really working hard so that Camilla and Aaron will be baptized this Thursday.  Their interview is tomorrow, and tonight we are going to go over tithing, even though they have already accepted it.  If you could pray for them, that nothing happens that stops them from being baptized this week, it would mean a lot.  They are that young couple I wrote about several weeks ago.  They have two young daughters, and are a really nice family.  We went to their house Sunday morning to make them breakfast, and then went to church together, it was fun.  We were going to make hole-in-ones, but we messed up and ended up making scrambled eggs and toast, but their toaster was being troublesome, so we put butter on both sides of the toast and put it in a pot and put the pot on the stove, and it seemed to work out all right.  

This week we had interviews with the president, and it was great.  President decided to have us teach about the atonement for 5 minutes to him as if he were an investigator, and that was pretty much the interview.  He told the mission with several weeks notice to study the atonement, and then on the interview teach him in a simple manner as if he wasn’t a member.  I am sure it must have been a great couple of weeks for President.  Also his wife, as with almost every interview gave us cookies, this time large home-made Oreos.  Yea!

Well, I am happy and healthy and looking forward to another week in Chile.  I love you all so much, more than the number of watts of electricity needed to power all the Christmas lights in the world for 1 second.
 -Elder Withers

Dear Family,
This week was pretty normal for me...... we keep on teaching, talking to everyone about Christmas and “He is the Gift” we work a lot with the members, even though there are so few..... We eat lots of otter pops, and have strong testimonies of the gospel.  This week we had several people ask us for help in terms of service projects which was kind of cool, because hardly anyone lets us help them.....but we helped a less active lady who just had eye surgery go to the grocery store and buy groceries, another less active lady clean up the weeds in her front yard, and another  lady move some furniture around in her house....... all three projects were to help old ladies, and it was worthwhile.

Galvez has been a fun place to be for the Christmas season, because they actually decorate here.  There are several houses with Christmas lights, nearly everyone has a Christmas tree put up inside, with several people who have an extra outside, and all the stores are very awesomely decorated.  It’s pretty amazing.  

I really don’t know what else to write from this week.  I keep on keeping on, although I must admit....finishing a mission is not for the faint of heart.  It has been hard.  Everyone reminds me about it......but I am finishing strong.  I sometimes feel like I am in a weird emotional and spiritual and physical limbo, between finishing one stage of life and beginning another.....but I am doing well.  I am learning lots about enduring to the end, and noticing the little blessings that I receive each day.  
I am excited for Christmas and the chance to talk to all of you.  These next two weeks we have are super fast paced with lots of meetings, paperwork in Rosario, and of course......CHRISTMAS.  I am excited and I hope you all know how much I love you.  I really am doing well and being 100% obedient....because it’s the only protection we have, blessings from obedience.

I love you all more than the number of Christmas traditions that families have all around the world.
Hermana Withers


No comments:

Post a Comment