Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Baptisms and Mission Changes

January 5, 2014

I am not home, but nonetheless, I send by email a big welcome home hug to Rebecca.  ¡Bienvenidos!

Well Hello Folks,
Today I have a full day P-day, because we got back from the meeting in Concepcion at about 5:45, so we have the rest of the day off.  That is why I am writing so late.  I must say one thing - the mission is a big collection of awesome adventures.  This week has been one of the more adventurous of the mission, not in the sense of flying over the handlebars of a bike or anything like that, but just big, positive changes in the mission.

First off, I would like to mention that my companion, Elder Durrant,from Murray Utah is very similar to Dallin (Chad’s cousin also currently serving a mission in Chile).  We laugh about a lot of stuff together.  He has 3 more months in the mission.  He wears a cowboy hat everywhere but church.  We get along great and it is a lot of fun.  

Also, today we learned of a number of big changes in the mission.  At the end of each week we report ´´key indicators´´, and in our mission there are about 16 or so of them, such as lessons to investigators with member present, without member present, number of lessons to converts and less actives with member present, new investigators, percentage of recent converts in church, with callings, and stuff like that.  Well today, we found out that we are going to be reporting just a handful things each week.  The number of baptisms, confirmations, sacrament meeting attendance, investigators with fecha bautismal (baptism date), street contacts, and baptisms this month.  It is going to be very different.  I am excited.  After discussing the changes we had Papa John’s pizza, I had a chicken barbecue pizza.  Yum!  There is a huge focus on strengthening the wards and branches by working with Ward leadership.  We can’t do our jobs without the Ward leadership.

Camila and Aaron got baptized.  They are a cool little couple.  Very rarely do you find a young married couple in Chile, most people their age just convivir (live together). 

I am happy and healthy, and ready for another great week.  I love the mission, and once again, WELCOME HOME REBECCA!!!!!

I love you all more than the number of times a day missionaries invite people to learn about the Restoration.   

-Elder Withers


No comments:

Post a Comment