Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Importance of Members is Immeasurable

Dear Family,
This has been a solid week.  I hope you can all have a chance to share the gospel with someone, or show kindness by doing a quiet act of service.  I can’t believe how fast the time is flying.  I really can’t believe how fast the mission has been going by lately.  Every transfer is faster than the previous.  I am grateful for every day.  

A couple of months ago we made a street contact, and the lady says she is less active.  Yesterday for the first time we were able to find her again, and she has a 9 year old son who loves the church.  His name is Francesco, and he is really bright - and no joke a living encyclopedia with a solid grasp on the Bible.  And he wants to be baptized!  We want to re-activate his mom, Eliana (who by the way gave us amazing empanadas) and baptize her son.  Hopefully everything works out.  

I am still in the thick of the summer heat, but it should start to cool off a little bit once February starts.  

The importance of the members is immeasurable.  Every member a missionary is of huge importance.  If we truly act as disciples of Christ everywhere we go, and our words are in agreement with our righteous actions, the church will grow faster than it ever has.

I want you all to know that God loves us, that he is aware of who we are, of our strengths and our weaknesses.  He can help us in whatever circumstance we find ourselves, if we are simply humble, and allow him to help us.  Missionary work is really miraculous.  He helps us as we help his children receive the gospel.  That is cool!  I want you all to know that God is watching out for you, that he has angels to protect you, and that his son, Jesus Christ, is our Savior.  I love Him.  I love the mission.  I love being a part of the Lord`s missionary force.  I love being a member of the church that Christ established, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I want you all to know that I really mean it.  I love to be a member of this church.  Remember who you all are, you are sons and daughters of the most high God.  All of us on this earth are brothers and sisters.  Let’s all work together to return home to the presence of our Father in Heaven.  He will help us. 

I hope you can all be well of health, and that you read the scriptures, say your prayers, and invite people to go to church with you.  I love you all more than the number of grains of oats it would take to make ten thousand big bowls of oat meal.  

Love,
Elder Withers



No comments:

Post a Comment