Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Conference, A Flood of Revelation

April 6, 2015

Hola Family and Friends,
Well this past week was pretty calm.  The best thing that happened was conference weekend.  The Stakes here are really thoughtful and always have a television set up for missionaries to watch the conference in English if they would like, so I watched it live in English.  I watched the Spanish talks in Spanish however.  It was cool to see Elder Zeballos speak, he has spoken to our mission before and shook everyone`s hand.  He is originally from Talcahuano, so that is exciting. 

Our mission president asked each missionary to include in their weekly letter one thing that called their attention from conference.  Here is part of what I wrote President Arrington:  General Conference was a spiritual feast.  I am grateful for the inventions of pen and paper that allowed me to take notes.  What most called my attention from conference was a talk from Wilford W. Anderson of the Seventy.  I really liked the story of the Native American and the doctor.  “I can teach you to dance but you have to hear the music”  is a line I hope to never forget.  I want to always be worthy to hear the music of the gospel, and help others tune into it as well.

I hope you all enjoyed conference.  It was a flood of revelation.  I hope that I can get an organized canal system going on to make sure all that revelation doesn’t just go to the ocean, but rather divert the flood into the fields of productivity and action, allowing each drop of God`s guidance to seep in.  

The work is moving forward and we are really happy that the convert baptisms the ward has lately are staying strong.  Pia who got baptized last week is considering serving a mission, and her mother is thrilled with the idea, so that is good news.  There is a member family in the ward, the Barriga family, that is organizing 2 family home evenings with neighbor families this week and they have invited us.  One of the families is part member and the other family is all non- member.  They asked us to share the movie “Together Forever”.  We hope and pray that they will feel the spirit and accept the baptismal challenge.  

The 18th of April will be a good day here in Chile.  Elder Dallin H. Oaks will come to Santiago, capital of Chile, and his talk will be transmitted to a number of missions.  We will go to the Gleisner chapel in Concepcion, a large chapel, and the location of the fourth church building in Chile, to watch it.  Elder Oaks will be speaking to the missionaries of Chile, so I am definitely looking forward to that.

I love my family.  I love you all more than the number of good ideas, sent from Heaven  that people received as a result of the conference this past weekend.  

With lots of love,
Elder Withers



No comments:

Post a Comment