Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Blessings of 4 Wheel Drive

January 9, 2017
This week was pretty good! It was really different getting a new companion. My new comp is Sister Nilsson. She's from SLC, and she's super fun! I was really sad to see Sister Steadman leave. I really loved working with her and learning from her, but Sister Nilsson is just as good :) I hope you all are surviving your crazy storms in Boise! We had a minor snow storm here in Monticello on Thursday, but it started raining today. It was weird because it's winter and it's been super cold lately, but it still rained. I'm a little worried for tomorrow after everything freezes tonight, but fear not, our truck has 4wd. Speaking of which, I'm so glad we have a truck, and that it has 4wd!! We would not be able to go anywhere without it! We use it to get out of the driveway, and we had to use it again on the road. We have about 2 miles of dirt road, and it was sooo deep with mud!

Funny story- I felt a little dumb this week when we were about to go try somebody, and so we parked on the side of the road. Monticello is a small enough town that you can park on the left side and nobody cares. So, I parked on the left side, but for some reason this time I thought I better park on the right side. I flipped a u-turn and parked on the other side. The people we were trying to visit weren't there, so we got back in the truck, and I realized that even though I flipped around, we were still on the left side of the road.... Haha we laughed at that for a long time.

I decided to start this transfer with a purification process. Sister Steadman and I were going to do it together, but then she got transferred. But we're still doing it, just apart from each other. It's a 40 day fast, but it's not from food. It's a fast from behaviors or thoughts or anything like that. So I've been trying to do that, and it's hard but I can tell it's making a difference. You should try it sometime :)

This week we were able to have another lesson with Amalio. He decided he wants to be baptized, we're working towards Feb 4! We're so happy for him!! And he came to church yesterday all by himself!! His friends who are members who we've been having the lessons in their home were out of town, but he still came! It's amazing to see how the gospel can really bless people's lives and help them to have new desires to change and become better people. Hector is still doing great, and Raylee is too. But we have to get permission from her mom for her to be baptized, but we can't find where she lives. Time is running short in this situation, because she wants to be baptized on Feb 18, which is coming up!!

I really miss being able to go to the temple. Do you appreciate the temple? I hope you all take the time to go and feel the sweet spirit there. I have to wait til September before we missionaries in our mission can go again. I'm so glad I got to be a worker in the temple before I came, because I probably wouldn't remember anything.

I hope you all are doing well and that you're getting back into the groove of things with school starting. I'm glad you got an extra long break because of the snow. Snow days are always so exciting :) I love you all more than the number of times we would be stuck without 4wd!

Love,

Sister Withers

No comments:

Post a Comment